Upcoming CDBG and HOME Programs
Will County is accepting grant applications for their Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Consortium funds. Applications are reviewed and ranked based on the criteria in the applications and the ability to meet the goals identified in the 2022-2024 Consolidated Plan. All CDBG project applications must meet a national objective of benefiting low/moderate income residents.
Examples of CDBG funds for local units of government may be used for the following:
• Acquisition of real property
• Relocation and demolition
• Rehabilitation of residential and non-residential structures
• Construction of public facilities and improvements, such as water and sewer facilities, streets, neighborhood centers, and the conversion of school buildings for eligible purposes
• Public Services, within certain limits
• Activities relating to energy conservation and renewable energy resources
• Provision of assistance to profit-motivated businesses to carry out economic development and job creation/retention activities
The following types of activities are ineligible:
• Acquisition, construction, or reconstruction of buildings for the general conduct of government
• Political activities
• Certain income payments
*CDBG HOME projects within the Village limits are now eligible for funding. Funds may be used for acquisition, rehab and construction of affordable housing and require a 25% match.
*Emergency Solutions grant to address homelessness and housing needs, as well as at risk homeless outreach may be acceptable projects.