Job Title: Senior Accountant
John Kasperek Co., Inc. (JKC) a full-service Certified Public Accounting firm located in Calumet City, Illinois (suburb 20 miles south of Metropolitan Chicago), was founded in 1989 to serve the financial needs of the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area. Led by accomplished governmental consulting expert - founder and managing partner John Kasperek, Jr., CPA - our talented team of Certified Public Accountants and professional staff provide customized services to local units of government, not-for- profit organizations, corporations and individuals. The firm's truly unique expertise is rooted in extensive experience through our municipal and educational auditing and consulting engagements. As a boutique company, JKC's attention to detail and hands-on service from all levels of the firm is well received by our clients, and our team is highly motivated and dedicated to their continued success.
John Kasperek Co., Inc. seeks an energetic Senior Accountant to work in a fast-paced, agile environment. The Senior Accountant will provide timely, high quality client consulting services to meet their wide range of needs. The Senior Accountant will deliver disciplined internal controls guidance to clients to reduce fraud risk, as well as assisting with grant compliance, budget analysis, customized reporting to Boards and Committees, and much more.
The Senior Accountant must have a minimum 3 years of experience working in a governmental accounting capacity and will perform the following duties:
- Develop an understanding of the client's needs and expectations
- Develop sufficient technical knowledge to perform consulting tasks specific to the client and work independently as needed
- Lead Associates through the consulting process, including bookkeeping, payroll, internal controls, budgeting, and coordinating related deliverables with external auditors
- Review substantive and analytical procedures in assigned areas
- Facilitate field work and monitor and report job time budget
- Establish relationships and open lines of communication with clients to ensure proper coordination
- Anticipate and address client concerns and communicate issues to manager
- Understand and apply JKC’s consulting approach
- Communicate control deficiencies to manager and the client
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Recognize and inform management of opportunities to increase types of services to clients
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Engage in firm networking opportunities with clients and prospects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Completed the requisite 150 hours in order to sit for CPA Exam in 2020
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in governmental accounting
- Understanding of GAAP, GAAS and GASB regulations
- Certified Public Accounting licensure
Applicants for employment must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa. JKC offers a competitive salary based on experience level, a comprehensive benefits package and a professional, friendly office environment with tremendous opportunity for further growth. The firm also offers partial work from home and flexible scheduling.