About the firm:
With business booming and an impeccable track record of success, John Kasperek Co., Inc. (JKC) has grown from a boutique Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firm to operate two regional offices in Mokena and Calumet City serving over 500 clients throughout the Chicago Southland and Northwest Indiana region. Led by accomplished governmental consulting and auditing experts Stephanie Blanco and John Kasperek, Jr., our award-winning team of CPAs and professional staff not only provide customized services to local units of government, not-for-profit organizations, corporations, and individuals, but also collaborate regularly to find ways to disrupt industry standards to better serve our clients, communities, and employees alike. Our creative, innovative efforts have become the gold standard for peer reviews and our caring, personalized customer service has been appreciated by our clients.
Unlike most CPA firms, JKC continues to find ways to provide a great work-life balance for our employees without sacrificing the quality of our customer service. While the bulk of our work is performed at client locations and our offices, we pride ourselves in being accommodating when it comes to providing solutions to work from home and flexible schedules when needed. JKC offers competitive wages and benefits including 401(k), vision, dental, and health insurance.
Job description and responsibilities:
JKC is excited to announce the brand-new and unique position of Tax Manager. Given the seasonality of the position, this is also an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to cross-train and support other aspects of the firm, including our auditing practice.
- Assist clients with bookkeeping records to complete business tax returns and/or provide year- round accounting services
- Assist staff with accounting tasks on consulting clients.
- Assist staff on tracking of confirmations and board letters on audit clients.
- Communicate with clients across the country via telephone regarding tax matters
- Communicate with IRS and other tax authorities as an advocate on behalf of clients
- Organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines throughout each day to assist in meeting all clients’ needsle about depreciation and fixed asset allocations, allowable business deductions and allocations, interest allocations, basis requirements, amended return preparations, NOL allocations, estimated tax projections and calculations, preparation of state returns, and the current tax law
Audit cross training duties:
- Prepare confirmations and board communication letters from all audits.
- Follow up on all confirmations submitted and not received.
- Footing financial statements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Technical expert knowledge of tax law
- Ability to compile financial statements to prepare tax returns
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Strong analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communications skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and tax return software
- Certified Public Accounting licensure
- Experience in preparing Personal, Corporate, S-Corp, Partnership, Estate tax returns, and Form 990 and all schedules of varying complexities
- Proficiency in payroll, payroll taxes, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and knowledgeable about payroll related reporting, sales tax reporting and year end reporting requirements
- Understanding of the process of compiling the balance sheet, profit and loss, general ledger, general journals, etc.
Applicants for employment must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa. JKC offers a competitive salary based on experience level, a comprehensive benefits package and a professional, friendly office environment with tremendous opportunity for further growth. The firm also offers partial work from home and flexible scheduling.